Honestly, it is never dull in these parts.
One of the side effects of treatment is memory loss. Let me tell you, it is in full swing in this house. You know how they often say you get baby brain? Well I never did with either of mine. However, this has certainly… Ummmm… What was I going to say?
Here, for your amusement, are just a selection of things that I have done (Yes, we are amused too… It helps keep the mood light )
- After Kelly picked me up from treatment, we were discussing the side effects. I said to him “The nurse said I would have fruit tingles” … He looks at me, puzzled, then says “Sorry?” … “The nurse said that I will have fruit tingles, that they are totally normal” He again looks at me strangely… “Fruit tingles? Well the nurse would know wouldn’t she? I mean, you either have fruit tingles or you don’t… She would have given them to you?” … He is smirking at me and I then started to wonder what the problem was… After a bit of time had passed I looked at Kelly… “I said fruit tingles didn’t I?” … “YEP! *giggles*” … “I MEAN FOOT TINGLES!!!”
- Our little Mr had to go back into hospital last week… The nurse asks “What’s his birthday?” … Mental blank, look at Kelly for answer!
- The other night I went to brush my teeth before bed. Obviously this is something I do every night… I am brushing away then finally decide to rinse. I decided I needed to go to the toilet too before bed. The problem? I forgot I had started rinsing my mouth. Kelly then comes out of the bathroom and asks why his PJs are wet and smell minty… I had spat on his PJs and didn’t even think twice about it… WHOOPS!
- I often have moments when I wonder where Kelly has gone… Then it hits me… He’s at work.
- When I get out of the shower in the morning, every morning without fail I go to dry my hair. Fail.
- I put the margarine back in the cupboard.
- We went to catch up with our friend Vee the other day and we went for burgers and then grabbed ice-cream to take home and watch Masterchef afterwards. Everything was going well until the end… I said to Kelly “Ok, time for us to go home” … “Yep sure is”… As we stood up I was talking to Vee about a girls night we are planning with a couple of other friends. Then I turned around and gave Kelly and kiss and a cuddle to say goodbye… FAIL! Kelly was like “Hmmm ok so I will see you later then!” … Clearly Vee was surprised she was about to get another house guest! Good thing Kelly and Vee were kind enough to remind me I WAS actually going home.
I Happen To Like Going Home With Him…
These are just a few of many things that have happened. Some days I swear I am going senial. Then I have to remind myself what senial is… Hahahahahaha…
Honestly, how much more does the body change? Oh, I should SO not ask that…At least this is one of the things that amuses us.
This time in one week from now I will only have 2 more to go… Hooray!
I am glad I will have normality again at some point soon. On Saturday Kelly and I went out to the movies and dinner and it was the first night in ages that I felt kind of normal. Pre treatment every second weekend we would be out for dinner together, or movies or whatever… However, lately we have opted to stay home for many obvious reasons. This was such a great night for me and for him just to unwind, spend some time together and have a moment where treatment wasn’t the focus. Have I mentioned just how much I love my husband? Honestly, I still get butterflies every day
This weekend, as you know, is Mother’s Day. I am so glad it is on one of my good weeks so I can, tiredness aside, enjoy it a little more. Also, this weekend we are having a family photo shoot with my baldilocks. I will reveal all once it is done. I really wanted to capture this point in my life. I think it is important I document it like this and show others it is ok to have the confidence to show themselves and not to hide away. Also that there is hope and humour. Above all else, that there is love.
I am actually looking forward to it… Especially as my photographer is someone so amazing!
Anyway, just a short one today… Well, shortish. The tiredness is overwhelming at the moment so short bursts of energy
Much love xoxo