So, last night I wrote this huge thingamy story on how my fiance and I met and got together. I read it a few times and then got bored. It came across as rather serious and in some respects sad. It’s a bad thing when you read your own writing and fall asleep…
I am sure some of you read it (Congratulations!), for those who didn’t I still have a copy if you want to see it. However *insert drumroll here* I am going to summarise it for those who:
- Don’t like to read (Then what the hell are you doing on here? )
- Actually already know the story and want to get through
- Those who actually don’t care and visit the blog for other reasons (Hey! I am still trying to decide where the hell I am going with this blog, the last one was all about an emo depressive arts student… Booorrrriiinnnggg!)
Alas, let’s bullet point some facts about the author (That would be me…)
- My name is Leanne, my family call me Lalee.
- I’m a virgo and my next birthday will be my 30th.
- I have been married before.
- No I will not discuss the marriage, other than to say I was young, scared and still in some ways recovering from it (Besides, most of you will know why it ended and have supported me through it)
- I have two kids. A beautiful and smart daughter and a cheeky and cute special needs son. Regret marriage, don’t regret them.
- I have known and been friends with Kel (AKA Prince Awesome) for a little over 13 years now.
- We have been together for the better part of 4 years with a couple of breaks in between (In large part due to a tragedy my sweetheart has had to work through as well as what I was recovering from post marriage) I’ll also add that whole Bridget Jones comparison in the previous post was from one of our breaks which lasted a grand total of 3 weeks.
- Yes, we kept it relatively quiet with only a couple of close friends being in on it.
- Friends have often told us we should have gotten together in the beginning (Trust us guys… WE KNOW! But we were both stupid for not dealing with it then and besides, whose to say back then we would have worked and then we wouldn’t have these two beautiful little people in our lives… We got there in the end!)
- I learnt a lot from what I came from. Hindsight is an exact science.
- I only got into drama and theatre 3 years ago but now it is my passion and world. I particularly love Children’s Theatre (Panto)
- I have incredible friends and am very fortunate to have many close galpals. My two best friends Chantelle and Rachael are incredible and keep me balanced. I will say, my latest addition is Vanessa (Vee) who I met through Kel. She is truly an incredible person and I am very thankful to have developed a great friendship.
- I am the product of a broken family, however, my parents are both remarried/partnered and all get along amazingly. I am very blessed.
- I have 3 brothers and am closest to my older brother. We do have big age differences which contribute to the dynamics (Age order: 34, 29, 21, 12)
- Kel, if you didn’t guess, proposed to me on top of the Empire State Building at 11pm on September 1st 2010.
- No I had no idea he was going to do it. I still am baffled at how he managed to buy the ring and get it up to the observation deck without me knowing.
- I sleep on the side of the bed furthest away from the door.
- I love food, possibly too much. Favourites are cheese, olives and raspberries.
- I am quite loud and extroverted (But honestly have a shockingly low self confidence) I find performing a great outlet.
- I’m 5’7
- I have a 9.5 shoe size
- I’m a size 12
- I love karaoke
- I love music and musicals and sing ALL the time.
- Kel and I are pretty much polar opposites in nature and how we deal with things but somehow we compliment eachother.
- I want to live in New York.
- I am secretly (Not so much now huh?) addicted to Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
- I obsessively buy underwear, it is a vice and my friends often tease me about it. They suggest often I need a wardrobe just for my collection (Many still with tags on). There is a story to it, I will explain later.
- My favourite animal is the Giraffe.
- I want to own either a British Bulldog called Mr Pants (Sorry Sarah Michelle Gellar, I stole your name) or a Pug called Smash.
- Our wedding has no best man or maid of honour. Instead we have Vee as our (As I call her) ‘Best woman man’ and my brother Daniel as my ‘Man of Honour’.
- I can’t use different colour pegs on the same item of clothing when I hang washing out.
- I do not deny I have a broad taste in music, and have no shame is belting out Tom Jones, Brian Ferry, Bee Gees or Lionel Ritchie tunes loudly much to the embarrassment of my darling fiance!
This essay, is just the start of insight into me. I’ll stop there as I have already hit 900 words Feel free to message me about any of the topics brought up at any time.
I am sure I will post again before the day is out.